So, I just watched the move Julie & Julia. Interesting. What I liked about it the most is the idea of blogging. Of course, I've known about blogging for some time now, I don't live under a rock. But never really entertained the idea too much. I never thought twice that anyone out there would really care about what I had to say or what my life meant to them. But turning 30 was a scary thing for me and I suppose a lot of other 30 year olds out there.
In your twenties, it's all about fun. All about trying to find yourself and what career you wish to have for the rest of your life. You think you know everything and how your life will pan out. Then you turn thirty. And if you're like me ... it's not where you thought you'd be. And you realize ... SHIT, you don't know anything!
A few years ago, I got what I thought was my dream job. I had a wonderful boyfriend who became my fiance, 2 dogs, a new car and a house with a picket fence, no less. I thought, WOW! All this in my twenties! Life is great!
Now in my thirties, I don't have any of those. Two years after the engagement, I realized I didn't love my fiance anymore. I loved my job more. I gave up the beautiful ring, the promise of a wonderful husband, one dog and the picket fence for the dream job that I got laid off from this past January. Funny how it can all change so fast.
Now I live in an apartment, (which I absolutely love, don't get me wrong), with a roommate and joined the millions scraping by on unemployment, praying everyday that someone will find my resume semi interesting and call me. Thanks George W.
I have a lot of time to think now and this is definitely NOT where I thought I would be at this age. I don't really understand the point of a blog, but with all these thoughts in my head, maybe it will help to write them down. And hopefully, there are more people out there that can relate to me so I don't feel like I'm the only unaccomplished, loser, thirty-something year old out there!
I look at most of my friends and the majority of them are married, have kids, houses ... blah, blah, blah. Am I supposed to have that too? I'm not sure I'm ready for that. But is that where I'm supposed to be? Is that what turning 30 is about?